Institute of Information and Communication Technology
Institute of Information and Communication Technology (IICT), the first institute
of Khulna University of Engineering and Technology, has been established on 05/10/2010
by the approval of University Grant Commission (UGC) of Bangladesh. The goal of
IICT is to fulfill the national and international demand of ICT which will contribute
to socio-economic growth and infrastructure development. IICT will offer postgraduate
degrees (Masters and Ph.D.) in ICT for graduates from relevant disciplines to meet
the demand of higher studies and researches. IICT will offer postgraduate diploma
(PGD) in ICT to develop skilled professionals to meet the demand of mid level experts.
At the same time IICT will provide different ICT based training programs to enrich
person for current job market. The institute will increase ICT facilities in the
campus by cultivating innovative ideas with promising initiatives. To achieve the
above aims and objectives, the Institute is performing its activities through three
wings (Academic and Research Wing; System and Support Wing; and Finance and Accounts
Wing) under the administration of Board of Governors (BOG), One Director, and Two
Associate Directors. The aims and Objectives of the IICT are as follows:
1. To Promote And Provide postgraduate degrees (Masters and Ph.d.) in ICT for graduates
form relevant disciplines to meet the demand of higher studies and researches.
2. To promote and provide postgraduate diploma (PGD) in ICT to develop skilled professional
to meet the demand of mid level experts.
3. To produce expert manpower in ICT by carrying out training in diverse areas for
thoes interested to step in ICT profession as well as thoes already engaged in the
4. To provide different ICT based training programs to enrich person(at last HSC
passsed) for global job market.
5. To actively pursue advanced research in ICT in order to develop knowledge based
products and services.